Sunday, November 16, 2008

Quite A Bit of Joy in Little Joy

So I heard that Strokes drummer Fabrizio Moretti had got himself involved in a little side-project called Little Joy a bit ago. When I first heard the album, it didn't really grab me, mostly because I was expecting something a little more Strokes-y (see Albert Hammond, Jr.). But after reading nice to glowing reviews in Pitchfork, Rolling Stone, and the like, I thought I ought to revisit it. Glad I did. It's great. And although it's much more a summer/south pacific island feeling record that doesn't seem to quite fit the current midwestern climate, it at least helps to take your mind off of the bitter cold.

Here's a video for the song "Unattainable" off the self-titled and excellent album.
Click RIGHT HERE to get a taste of the very (and only) Strokes-y song on the album.

No comments: