Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Amazon Daily Deal: Grouper's "Dragging A Dead Deer Up A Hill"

You can download the full mp3 album free of DRMs for only $1.99 at AMAZON. It's a steal. I didn't know too much of Grouper aside from the wicked Phaseone edit of "Heavy Water" that was floating around some months ago, but as I listen to it right now, I have a feeling this could end up being a go-to album for me. It's a bit of a dense mess of lo-fi haze and magnetic hiss, but this album seems to be more of a multi-sensory experience rather than just what you can take in on a purely audio-level. I guess I would say it's about as close as you can get to the marriage of ambient music and (shoe-gaze) pop. Really beautiful stuff. Feels like I'm lost in the woods in November, but with this siren's voice so near I don't really seem to have any desire to find my way out.

No comments: