Monday, April 13, 2009

So, against my better judgment and with many misgivings, I decided to get up on this twitter nonsense. While I don't think I have anything particularly important to update the world with on a daily basis (nor do I really think most people have anything particularly important to say that I really need to know about), it seems that twitter is the (new) best way to stay connected to a lot of my favorite bands. I just twat for the first few times today and last night, and it already seems to be working. I found the Bat For Lashes cover of the KOL song that I posted last night (I got the drop on Stereogum!), found out that Mike Skinner (aka the Streets) will be releasing three songs he's working on via twitter over the next week, and then I also found this new bro, Deastro. Don't know much about this one man electronic act, but this song is pretty durn catchy. Maintains some M83 size synths at times, some playful Postal Service electropop at other times. Give this song a listen.

No comments: