Friday, May 29, 2009

Grizzly Bear Live Video: "Ready, Able"

I've never been a die-hard GB fan. I enjoyed Horn of Plenty a bit, but no matter how hard I tried, no matter how many blogs or critics called it a masterpiece, I just could not get into Yellow House. Sure, there were a couple of choice tracks on that album ("Knife" [obvi] as well as "Colorado" and one or two others), but as a whole, it just didn't move me. It felt sterile or something. This new album, however, has thoroughly impressed me. Each listen reveals something I hadn't heard on the last listen (more often than not, some gorgeous harmony), which I love. It's like listening to new versions of the same song, which makes for lasting enjoyment. The album's definitely not for everyone. It requires a bit of patience to unfold, and even then it's not an easy sell for some. But for me, Veckatimest has sold me on the idea that this band has something really great to offer. One of my favorite tracks off of the new album, followed by one of my favorite tracks of 2009.

"Ready, Able"



"Two Weeks"

1 comment:

Amanda said...

jizzed in my pants