Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Patrick Watson -> Artist To Look Out For?

I'm not sure. I haven't decided yet. But he keeps on popping up everywhere I look, NPR and videos on tons of different blogs. Lot of people seem to be making a big deal that he and his band use strange objects for instrumentation. Although, to be honest, I don't really find that all that impressive. After seeing Willie make a bass stringed instrument out of disposable earplugs, I guess some of the mysticism has been stripped away. Personally, I think it's the off-kilter rhythms and chord progressions as well as Watson's voice (somewhere between M. Ward, Scott Matthews and Chris Garneau) that provide the real appeal. His latest album was just released a few weeks ago and has been getting some pretty good feed back. Check out the goodies below.

For your eyes:

For your ears:

No comments: