Friday, June 19, 2009

AnCo News: Brother SportEP + Possible Panda Bear Album

The Onion's A.V. Club did an interview with the guys in Animal Collective. You can read the whole thing here, but some highlights.

New EP with unreleased MPP tracks?

BW: And “What Would I Want Sky” is something that Dave wrote for Merriweather and sent Noah and I, but we didn’t have time to work on parts before we got to the studio, and then one day a week, the engineer would like to have a day off. But we would usually go into the studio anyway and work on the songs that we had never played live, and some that didn’t make it on the record. “What Would I Want Sky” is one we just never got to. We just didn’t have enough time, so we worked on it in Lisbon in January. We all went to Lisbon to hang out for a week, and that’s when we made a full-band version of that song. 

DP: Hopefully, we’re gonna do a kind of Brother Sport EP at the end of the year, with the extra tracks and maybe “What Would I Want Sky.” I think that would be sweet. 


New Panda Bear album?

AVC: Is there another solo record in the works for you? 

NL: I’d like to do one. I started working on a bunch of songs, but I haven’t really found the space that’s really good to work in; I’m not sure when I would work it in.

No comments: