Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New Bloc Party Song/Single

In what seems to be a recurring in-between-albums trend for the band (see "Two More Years", "Flux") BP will be releasing not only a new single, but an entirely new song on August 10 (11 in the US). The new song, titled "One More Chance," was recorded this past April with Silent Alarm and occasional Intimacy producer Jacknife Lee. The song will be aired on Zane Lowe's Radio One radio show this Thursday, which means some radio rips will likely be available by Friday. 

I have absolutely no idea what to expect on this one, as these one-off singles are often steps in different directions for the band, but I've got high hopes. I always thought that "Two More Years" was better than at least half of what was on A Weekend In The City and I think Flux was better than more than a few of Intimacy's tracks.  I'll keep y'all posted.

No comments: